Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fade by Lisa McMann

I didn't like this as much as the first in the series, and even then "Wake" isn't by far one of my favorite books. As I mentioned in the review on "Wake" I liked it and didn't like it. This was an okay read, but not the greatest. 

***Slight Spoiler Alert***

Janie goes undercover at Fieldridge High to help catch a sexual predator. Cabel, now Janie's boyfriend is upset at her putting herself in danger. I personally thought there would be some twist at the end and who they thought was the predator wasn't, but I was incorrect, it was just as she had predicted. I was hoping for a bit more of an in depth plot to hold my interest more, but overall it was very predictable. Janie also learns the devastating consequences that her ability will reduce her to physically, like going eventually going blind. 

This book is more geared towards high school level readers, mainly for the foul language and sexual topics. But for the most part I didn't care for the book, it was okay, but not the best. I may read the last book "Gone" in the series if I have nothing else to read, but isn't likely, as I always have something to read! ;)

The Wake Trilogy
by Lisa McMann

Wake
Fade
Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment