Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wolfsnail: A Backyard Predator by Sarah C. Campbell; photographs by Richard Paul Campbell


A very informative non-fiction book on the habits of the carnivorous Wolfsnail who eats smaller snails and slugs...sometimes the snail and the entire shell! The book has beautiful large color photographs of this snails ascent up a plant to feed on another snail. At the back of the book is a useful section with more information about Wolfsnails and their habitats.


An excellent read for ages 4-8. It also won as a Geisel Honor book this year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I wrote Wolfsnail and my husband took some of the photographs. Somewhere along the way, his name was mis-entered into something. I just wanted you to know that his name is Richard Paul Campbell, in case you wanted to change the entry.
    Thanks for writing about our book.
    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Sarah!! I have updated and changed your husbands name! I really loved the book, especially the illustrations, a fascinating read that I think will really grasp those young readers who love insects and animals!

    ReplyDelete